Laboratory Job in Casselton, North Dakota : ND 58012
Looking for Laboratory Jobs? See currently available Laboratory job openings on laboratory.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
laboratory.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any laboratory job . We provide job resources for Laboratory positions throughout the industry. laboratory.jobs.net also provides Laboratory jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Laboratory by either city or state.
laboratory.jobs.net is a laboratory job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Laboratory jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your laboratory job search on laboratory.jobs.net today.
Process Operator I
Process Operator I Job Description
Responsible for the operation of the plant, working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Constantly review the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Maintain adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
- Communicate directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Sample and test process streams as required by the QA/QC program and procedures.
- Maintain QA/QC records.
- Understand and interpret QA/QC results and take appropriate action when required.
- Communicate directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities as required.
- Assist maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Monitor use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
Casselton Laboratory Job
Process Operator I Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required.
- Associate degree or technical degree/certification preferred.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
- Ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
- Ability to maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary.
- Capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
12-hour shifts on a four-week shift rotation between days and nights; three 12-hour shifts one week; four 12-hour shifts the second week. Significant time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of 175 feet. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. Travel required or as needed.
This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds frequently.