Laboratory Job in Mattawa, Washington : WA 99349
Looking for Laboratory Jobs? See currently available Laboratory job openings on laboratory.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
laboratory.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any laboratory job . We provide job resources for Laboratory positions throughout the industry. laboratory.jobs.net also provides Laboratory jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Laboratory by either city or state.
laboratory.jobs.net is a laboratory job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Laboratory jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your laboratory job search on laboratory.jobs.net today.
Laboratory Assistant, Mattawa (4883)
Laboratory Assistant, Mattawa (4883) Job Description
Interpath Laboratories is looking for an experienced and professional Laboratory Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will ensure prompt and courteous service to clients and patients in the areas of specimen collection and processing.
We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why the Interpath family is so special. Please click here:
Essential Job Functions:
- Administrative duties including providing excellent customer service to all patients, clients and employees.
- Answer phones in a timely manner following company standards on proper phone etiquette.
- Assist in operating complex automated laboratory equipment, electronic equipment, computer software, and precision instruments. Provide trouble-shooting on such instruments as far as possible.
- Accurately process samples in timely manner to ensure Interpath meets established routine and Stat turnaround times.
- Follow established daily checklist to ensure all tasks performed on schedule. Assist MT’s and MLT’s in performing the full range of laboratory tests provided by Interpath Laboratory— Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology, Urinalysis and Coagulation.
- Receive samples from clients and other Interpath sites.
- Maintain specimen integrity from collection point and up to point transferred to technical staff.
- Accurately translate physician orders and diagnoses.
- Print and distribute reports.
- Follow established safety protocols.
- Participate in some aspects of proficiency testing.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Understand and practice Medicare rules regarding ABN’s.
- Actively participate in departmental quality assurance monitors.
- Follow all established I.Q. protocols.
- Participate in scheduling by coverage of varied shifts and sites.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
Schedule: Part-time, Monday-Friday 9am-1pm
At this time, Interpath Laboratory is required to mandate the COVID-19 vaccination for all employees and this will be required as a condition of employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, reasonable accommodations will be fairly considered.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent
- Licensure/Certification:Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist Certification (Washington State only)
- Experience: Previous training/certification from a phlebotomy training program preferred. HIV certification preferred (WA employees only); excellent communication and customer service skills; attention to detail; excellent phone skills and ability to multi-task.
We are a devoted team of professionals that pride ourselves on building a vibrant work culture where curiosity, persistence, and positive attitudes are at the core. From a comprehensive benefits package to an ever evolving learning and development program which fosters career growth - we truly value our employees and are very proud of the work family that we have built since 1967.
Interpath Laboratory, Inc. is a family owned & operated, clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory with over 90 locations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are the Northwest’s leading, innovative laboratory dedicated to providing, rapid, reliable, and economical laboratory testing services. With over 50 years of growth and prosperity, we are the region’s largest independent laboratory. We emphasize the vital importance of a vibrant work culture and environment where building relationships, teamwork, and positive attitudes are highly valued!
- Regularly exposed to infection by handling potentially infectious samples.
- Wearing appropriate protective gear: Lab coat, gloves, goggles, and face shield.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Typically stands for extended period of times.
- Lifting up to 30 pounds.
This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.
EOE Disabled/Veteran: Interpath Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Mattawa Laboratory Job