Laboratory Job in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania : PA
Looking for Laboratory Jobs? See currently available Laboratory job openings on laboratory.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
laboratory.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any laboratory job . We provide job resources for Laboratory positions throughout the industry. laboratory.jobs.net also provides Laboratory jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Laboratory by either city or state.
laboratory.jobs.net is a laboratory job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Laboratory jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your laboratory job search on laboratory.jobs.net today.
Medical Laboratory Technician / Medical Technologist
Medical Laboratory Technician / Medical Technologist Job Description
Patient First is accepting applications for Lab Technician in the Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, and Lancaster, Pennsylvania areas. Patient First provides a friendly work environment that promotes a team-oriented philosophy.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Following the laboratory’s procedure for specimen collection, handling, and processing, as well as test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of test results; Following the laboratory’s quality control policies;
- Documenting all quality controls activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and maintenance;
- Identifying indicators that may impact test performance or reporting of test results and either making corrections or notifying Lab Supervisor;
- Ordering, receiving, and distributing laboratory stock as needed in laboratory and treatment area;
- Understanding all checklists and being able to perform all duties on the checklists associated with the position;
- Adhering to safety policies as defined by Patient First and OSHA;
- Providing positive, warm and friendly customer service in all interactions;
- Fostering teamwork and a positive, professional atmosphere;
- Completing other duties as directed.
Harrisburg Laboratory Job
Medical Laboratory Technician / Medical Technologist Job Requirements
Minimum education and professional requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Employee must be at least 18 years of age;
- High school graduate or equivalent;
- Keyboarding experience required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- One year of clerical experience preferred;
- One year of clinical experience preferred;
- Minimum 60 semester hours from a regionally accredited college, including chemistry, biology, and medical laboratory techniques, or an Associate degree in chemistry, biology or related science. Completion of clinical rotations in the areas of microbiology, urinalysis, chemistry and hematology; or Fifty week military Medical Laboratory Procedures course and meet qualifications for military enlisted occupational specialty of “Medical Laboratory Specialist”;
- Registered Medical Technologists (M.T.) or Medical Laboratory Technicians (M.L.T.) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or other recognized certification agency of medical laboratory professionals preferred; Registry-eligible technologists are encouraged to apply.
Patient First is an equal opportunity employer offering an excellent benefits package and competitive salary.